• AV screens will be 12’ wide and you may choose your preferred format between 4:3 or 16:9
Provided Meeting Laptop Platform: Microsoft Windows 10
Provided Software: PowerPoint Office 365. Our meeting laptops are PC (not Mac)
If you plan to run your presentation on the provided meeting laptop, but regularly use a Mac computer, please test your presentation on a PC prior to the meeting date, we recommend bringing your Mac with its VGA adapter as well as an HDMI adaptor if your Mac does not have a built-in HDMI output.
ORAL LECTURE PRESENTATION OPTIONS
• Option #1: We prefer to load your presentation on our provided meeting laptop to ensure a smooth transition between presentations.
Name your PowerPoint file “Lastname.Title.Date.ppt” so that we may easily distinguish between presentations. File names such as “Miami.ppt” should not be used. We will transfer your presentation to our meeting laptop and review prior to meeting. Please submit your presentation to the AV desk no later than one (1) hour before the start of each day to ensure enough time for review and test.
• Option #2: We will have a laptop connection at the podium
**** Regardless of the option you choose, ALWAYS bring a copy of your presentation with all relevant audio and video clips that are part of the presentation, whether on a USB stick, your computer, or both****
If you plan to use your own laptop computer…
• Make sure you know how to operate your computer and are able to toggle between LCD/External monitor
• Disable any programs that can interrupt the show with pop-ups. Disable screen saver and computer settings that go in to hibernate and saver modes
• Run your presentation on an LCD and make sure that video will show on both your laptop screen and the LCD/Projector
• You must run your computer with a power cord- *Make sure you bring all necessary equipment
• Mac Computer Owners- If your Mac doesn’t have HDMI out, please provide an HDMI adaptor.
Maximum file size for PowerPoint presentations should be limited to no more than 200MB. Keep photos and video to a reasonable file size.
• Optimize your photos
• Save original sound, video and any linked images with the PowerPoint file on your USB
• Format your presentation file for use on a PC laptop computer
• To ensure your fonts are recognized on our meeting laptops, use standard recognized fonts in your presentation or please provide and email to audio-visual staff 36 hours prior to presentation
• On-site presentation transfer- bring a USB storage device with all files
• Bring a backup of presentation (USB storage device)
• Bring your personal laptop if you intend to edit your presentation on-site. Our meeting laptops will not be available for editing personal presentations.
• If you need to rehearse your presentation in the general session room, please do so at least one day prior to your presentation
• If you are using Prezi, please make a PDF backup of the presentation and give to the AV tech table technician
Any special request (including sound for video) not addressed in this document should be brought to the attention of the meeting’s audio-visual staff. Please contact: OSSEO@res-inc.com as soon as possible.
Views expressed by the presenters at the OSSEO Meeting are solely their own and do not necessarily reflect the positions or policies of the OSSEO Congress. The OSSEO reserves the right to cancel or modify its program as circumstances might dictate.
OSSEO 2019 POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
• Poster dimensions are 40 inches high by 30 inches wide. Prepare your poster accordingly
• Poster abstracts must be submitted by the primary author
• Display boards will be provided for poster presentations at the conference site
• Posters must be set up ½ hour in advance of Poster Session
• The presenter is responsible for assembling your poster display and removing the poster
• OSSEO 2019 is not responsible for posters and materials left after the session
Past Key Dates:
- Abstract Submissions will be accepted: February 1, 2019
- Oral Abstract Submission Deadline Date :
March 30, 2019Extended to April 30, 2019
- Poster Abstract Submission Deadline Date : April 30, 2019
- Last Date to Edit Abstracts: April 30, 2019
- Oral and Poster Notification Date:
June 18, 2019Extended to June 24, 2019
- Presenter Registration Deadline: July 3, 2019
- Detailed Oral Program Schedule to be Posted Online: August 12, 2019